AmigaActive (1008/2143)

From:Kevin Twyman
Date:11 May 2000 at 20:46:14
Subject:Re: Lemmings 2

Hello gary,

On 11-May-00, you wrote:

>> Anyone know if it's possible to rip the MODs from a game which uses
>> an NDOS disk?

> Couldn't tell you any specific packages, but in a word Yes. Way back
> I had some program which scanned the Amiga's memory after a soft
> reset looking for any MODs that were still hanging around. However,
> I would strongly suspect that it might keel over on a highly memory
> expanded machine.

Usually those only look in chip memory, so they might still work.

A lot of games coders got wise to having their music ripped, though,
and made sure the memory was trashed before exiting the program :)

Regards,

Kevin - Est. 1949 http://www.theboyz.freeserve.co.uk
A man with an Amiga A4000T CyberStormPPC 604e/233

Only the *AMIGA* makes it possible!

Buy and sell used, rare and vintage gear at the Web's best
music gear auction. Register to enter the weekly gear giveaway!